STONE COUNTY LST 1141
Ship Name and Designation History
This section lists the names and designations that the ship had during its lifetime. The list is in chronological order.
Laid down January 22 1945 - Launched April 18 1945
This section lists active links to the pages displaying covers associated with the ship. There should be a separate set of pages for each name of the ship (for example, Bushnell AG-32 / Sumner AGS-5 are different names for the same ship so there should be one set of pages for Bushnell and one set for Sumner). Covers should be presented in chronological order (or as best as can be determined).
Since a ship may have many covers, they may be split among many pages so it doesn't take forever for the pages to load. Each page link should be accompanied by a date range for covers on that page.
- LST-1141 Covers Page 1 (1946)
This section lists examples of the postmarks used by the ship. There should be a separate set of postmarks for each name and/or commissioning period. Within each set, the postmarks should be listed in order of their classification type. If more than one postmark has the same classification, then they should be further sorted by date of earliest known usage.
A postmark should not be included unless accompanied by a close-up image and/or an
image of a cover showing that postmark. Date ranges MUST be based ONLY ON COVERS IN
THE MUSEUM and are expected to change as more covers are added.
>>> If you have a better example for any of the postmarks, please feel free to replace the existing example.
|Thumbnail Link To
|Thumbnail Link To
LST-1141 earned four battle stars for Korean War service
* UN Summer-Fall Offensive, September 4-5 1951, September 21 to October 2 1951
* Second Korean Winter, January 11-12 1952
* Third Korean Winter, March 21 to April 19 1953
* Korea Summer-Fall 1953, May 7-17 1953, June 18-19 1953, July 26-27 1953
STONE COUNTY and five campaign stars for Vietnam War service
* Vietnam Defense, September 7-24 1965
* Vietnamese Counter-offensive, June 10-22 1966
* Vietnamese Counteroffensive - Phase II, July 17 to September 26 1966, October 20-30 1966
* Vietnamese Counteroffensive - Phase IV, April 25 to June 13 1966
* Vietnamese Counteroffensive - Phase V, July 1968, August 9 to September 6 1968
Awards, Citations and Campaign Ribbons...
Combat Action Ribbon (Vietnam March 5 1968) - China Service Medal (extended) - American Campaign Medal - Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal - World War II Victory Medal - Navy Occupation Service Medal (with Asia clasp) - National Defense Service Medal (2) - Korean Service Medal (4) - Vietnam Service Medal (5) - Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross Unit Citation (5) - United Nations Service Medal - Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal - Republic of Korea War Service Medal
Copyright 2021 Naval Cover Museum