The News page contains announcements of significant additions or changes to the Museum.
July 26, 2018
- Successfully upgraded the MediaWiki base software to version 1.31.0
May 1, 2018
- Converted the site to use "Short URLs" to improve readability and convenience.
- Most bookmarks using the old style "wiki/index.php?title=XXX" should still work. We apologize for any inconvenience.
September 21, 2017
- We are pleased to announce that the transfer of ownership of the Naval Cover Museum to the Universal Ship Cancellation Society is now complete.
- There is no change to the mission, staff, or operation of the Museum.
August 31, 2017
- Upgraded the server in preparation for transferring ownership of the Naval Cover Museum to the Universal Ship Cancellation Society.
- Paul Bunter, the original owner/creator of the NCM, and the USCS have agreed to transfer ownership of the NCM to the USCS to ensure its enduring future.
August 10, 2017
- Removed the link to the "restored" Museum on the main page.
June 17, 2017
- Successfully upgraded the MediaWiki base software to version 1.28.2
- More maintenance is coming this summer.
Sept 6, 2015
- After being down for awhile, the wiki version of the Museum is now up and running again.
- The static HTML version can still be accessed from here but it will be removed once all updates have been copied to the wiki version.
Feb 20, 2008
- Announcing creation of a Special Collection for Great White Fleet 100th Anniversary Postmarks and Covers. Please help if you have examples of these.
Oct 29, 2005
- Unveiling of the Naval Cover Museum wiki section. The infrastructure is complete and ready but there are no covers yet. We will now begin the process of moving covers from the old section of the Museum.
- Also announcing creation of a Special Collection for Meter postmarks. Please help if you have examples of Meter postmarks.
Copyright 2018 Naval Cover Museum