SEDGWICK COUNTY LST 1123
Ship Name and Designation History
This section lists the names and designations that the ship had during its lifetime. The list is in chronological order.
Laid down November 1 1944 - Launched January 29 1945
This section lists active links to the pages displaying covers associated with the ship. There should be a separate set of pages for each name of the ship (for example, Bushnell AG-32 / Sumner AGS-5 are different names for the same ship so there should be one set of pages for Bushnell and one set for Sumner). Covers should be presented in chronological order (or as best as can be determined).
Since a ship may have many covers, they may be split among many pages so it doesn't take forever for the pages to load. Each page link should be accompanied by a date range for covers on that page.
- LST-1123 Covers Page 1 (1945)
This section lists examples of the postmarks used by the ship. There should be a separate set of postmarks for each name and/or commissioning period. Within each set, the postmarks should be listed in order of their classification type. If more than one postmark has the same classification, then they should be further sorted by date of earliest known usage.
A postmark should not be included unless accompanied by a close-up image and/or an
image of a cover showing that postmark. Date ranges MUST be based ONLY ON COVERS IN
THE MUSEUM and are expected to change as more covers are added.
>>> If you have a better example for any of the postmarks, please feel free to replace the existing example.
|Thumbnail Link To
|Thumbnail Link To
LST-1123 earned six campaign stars for Korean War service
* North Korean Aggression, September 18 to November 2 1950
* Communist China Aggression, November 3 1950 to January 24 1951
* Inchon Landing, September 13-17 1950
* First UN Counter Offensive, January 25 to April 3 1951
* Korean Defense Summer-Fall 1952, August 3-13 1952, October 17 1952, October 20 to November 22 1952
* Third Korean Winger, January 4-17 1953
SEDGWICK COUNTY County earned seven campaign stars for Vietnam War service
* Vietnamese Counteroffensive - Phase II, December 12 1966 to January 14 1967, March 11 to April 22 1967
* Vietnamese Counteroffensive - Phase III, June 8 to July 3 1967, July 21 to August 23 1967, September 17-28 1967, October 17-28 1967, January 1-23 1968
* Tet Counteroffensive, February 11 to March 23 1968
* Vietnamese Counteroffensive - Phase VI, August 12 to October 3 1968
* Vietnamese Counteroffensive - Phase VII, November 29 to December 23 1968
* Tet/69 Counteroffensive, April 20 to June 7 1969
* Vietnam Summer-Fall-1969, July 11-16 1969, July 27 to August 1 1969
Awards, Citations and Campaign Ribbons...
Combat Action Ribbon (March 5-11 1968) - Presidential Unit Citation - Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation (2) - American Campaign Medal - Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal - World War II Victory Medal - Navy Occupation Service Medal (with Asia clasp) - National Defense Service Medal (2) - Korean Service Medal (6) - Vietnam Service Medal (7) United Nations Service Medal - Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross Unit Citation (11) - Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal - Republic of Korea War Service Medal (retroactive)
Copyright 2021 Naval Cover Museum