PETALUMA AOG 69
Ship Name and Designation History
This section lists the names and designations that the ship had during its lifetime. The list is in chronological order.
Keel Laid (Date unknown)
Launched (Date unknown) as AVOCA
Acquired by U.S. Navy 1945
Renamed and designated PETALUMA AOG-69
Delivered to the Maritime Commission upon completion
Named reverted to AVOCA
Sold to the National Petroleum Transport Corporation in October 1947 and renamed TRANSPET.
Burnt and sank 1951
This section lists active links to the pages displaying covers associated with the ship. There should be a separate set of pages for each name of the ship (for example, Bushnell AG-32 / Sumner AGS-5 are different names for the same ship so there should be one set of pages for Bushnell and one set for Sumner). Covers should be presented in chronological order (or as best as can be determined).
Since a ship may have many covers, they may be split among many pages so it doesn't take forever for the pages to load. Each page link should be accompanied by a date range for covers on that page.
- Covers Page 1 (DATE RANGE)
This section lists examples of the postmarks used by the ship. There should be a separate set of postmarks for each name and/or commissioning period. Within each set, the postmarks should be listed in order of their classification type. If more than one postmark has the same classification, then they should be further sorted by date of earliest known usage.
A postmark should not be included unless accompanied by a close-up image and/or an
image of a cover showing that postmark. Date ranges MUST be based ONLY ON COVERS IN
THE MUSEUM and are expected to change as more covers are added.
>>> If you have a better example for any of the postmarks, please feel free to replace the existing example.
|Thumbnail Link To
|Thumbnail Link To
No FPO assigned. Because the ship was USCG crewed, she reported to the COTP (Captain Of The Port), Jacksonville FL
NAMESAKE - A town and a small river in Sonoma County, Califronia
Copyright 2022 Naval Cover Museum